They keep pulling off my gun stuff I'm trying to sell. I'm trying to sell 2 magazines for $40 and that's not even on their list of prohibited items and they still pulled it! Jerks. I'm going to repost it on Monday.
I did, however, make $30 selling my old Cingular cell phone last night. Thank goodness, b/c we need all kinds of extra $ right now so that $30 came just in the nick of time. It will pay for the baby's b-day cake for her party tomorrow at least with change left over.
In other news, I'm a little excited to see that I started a good thread on the msn.money message board. I wanted to know where other people in their 30's are when it comes to retirement. I just bluntly asked, how old are you, how much you got saved so far, and how much do you put towards retirement per year? Most of the responses depressed me in the sense that I'm much further behind than other 30-ish yo's. (Of course, I doubt any of them are librarians making librarian salaries.) I was way ahead of a couple of folks though. We all agreed we are all probably in the minority as far as saving. I know several of my friends have almost no retirement and no savings, and seem to only be concerned with buying clothes, cars, toys, etc. Looks like I'm definitely going to have to up my retirement contribution again here in Sept. for sure! I'm at 7% now, and I'm going to bite the bullet and stick it up to 10%. Although it sounds scary, it's for my own good! And it's less for the taxman to take, too!
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment